I wanted to do a look like this for Valentine's Day but because my schedule got a little thrown off I thought I would just do a blog post with this look instead! It is very dark and smokey (a classic) but I thought I would show you what I did anyways.
1. Apply concealer under eyes and paint pot to entire lid, this will aid in bringing out the black. (You could totally skip the paint pot though as it isn't necessary.)
2. Apply matte lighter black colour to entire lid. (Black to the left in picture.)
3. Apply a matte brown to the crease. I lightly brought it all the way across, starting on the outer crease and dragging it into the inner crease.
4. I then put on some tape, following where the natural line of my lower lash line would continue. This will help create that really crisp line. (If you don't care for that look than you can skip this.)
5. I then took the really dark black colour (far right) and focused that along the lash line. I brought it up a little higher because I wanted to see that depth even after I applied liner.
6. I brought the liner almost from the inner corner and winged it out at the end.
7. Using a pencil liner I coated my waterline all the way across.
8. I thought the eye shadow looked too defined so I grabbed a q-tip and smoked out the line even further.
9. Using a clean q-tip and added the lighter black colour to it. I then dragged that along my lower lash line to smoke that out as well.
10. I decided to open up the eye a little by adding a white shadow to the inner corner. (If you have a darker skin tone maybe go with a cream or of white so it's not too harsh.)
11. I applied mascara to both my bottom and top lashes.
12. Added falsies to really amp up the eyes and open them up even further as this is quite dark and heavy. (I accidentally touched my lid with the glue, not a big deal. I just added the dark black over top to make it disappear.)
13. The brow bone needed a little love so I added a highlight.
14. Ta da! All finished!
I don't usually do really heavy eye looks but I wanted to try something different. I hope you guys enjoyed this look! If you do any re-creations be sure to send me a picture! @PrettyBeautyCan
Thanks for reading!